- IQT is the not-for-profit strategic investor that accelerates the development and delivery of cutting-edge technologies for U.S. government agencies that keep our nation safe.
- Our work bridges the gap between the challenging technology needs of the U.S. national security agencies, the rapidly changing technology innovations of the startup world, and the venture community that funds those startups.
- IQT supports the Central Intelligence Agency and other agencies across the U.S. intelligence community, focusing on mission-critical areas such as cybersecurity, biotechnology, novel materials, remote sensing, deep learning for data analytics, and much more.
- In-Q-Tel is a play on the word “intel” referencing our clients in the intelligence community, and the letter Q, paying homage to the character Q from the James Bond novels.
- Q, or Quartermaster, was the supplier of all of James Bond’s tools, technology, and gadgets that enabled him to adapt to any situation and stay ahead of his opponents.
- IQT has a distinctive business model that is focused solely on mission impact. Our success is measured by the value our investments deliver to the national security communities that furthers national security priorities, not financial profit.
- The advantages of our model are significant:
- Startups receive funding for product enhancements that result in faster product development;
- IQT provides strong technical due diligence expertise to the VC community; and
- Our government partners obtain innovative technologies at lower initial and long-term costs.
IQT invests in a wide variety of technology areas that reflect the needs of the U.S. national security agencies and include: collaboration, communications, mobile and cyber security, data analytics and management, video and imaging, and material and power solutions. Click here to see our portfolio.
IQT is a prolific, global investor. We look for companies whose technologies have both high national security impact and the potential for commercial success. These companies exist and are emerging every day across the world.
While most of IQT’s investments are in U.S.-based startup companies, over the past 16 years IQT has invested in 30-plus startups based in the UK, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
IQT is opening international offices to strengthen our ability to see, reach, and connect with startups and co-investors across the world. These offices will take advantage of the world-class science and technology, and venture capital ecosystems available within each region to continue IQT’s national security mission. A physical presence will give us a better, deeper understanding of technology and market development outside of the USA. This endeavor also provides an opportunity to build a partnership with the UK and Australian intelligence and national security communities.