Research funded by DARPA
Vector Atomic is building ultraprecise quantum devices for applications including autonomous/GPS-free navigation, high-bandwidth satellite communications, and geophysical exploration. Their rapidly growing team of 35 brings an innovative but practical approach to developing quantum devices.
Short Job Description
Vector Atomic is seeking a commercialization strategist for their future atom-based position, navigation, and timing (PNT) product lines. Ideal candidates are experienced with detailed market analysis for existing and emergent markets; customer discovery and surveying; working with technical staff to determine future product specifications; and techno-economic analysis and go-to-market strategies for new products. Past experience and existing customer contacts within the PNT product space is highly desired.
What You’ll Do
• Identify and evaluate existing and emerging markets for high-precision timing and synchronization; estimate market sizes
• Identify and interview potential customers to understand product needs/requirements; establish agreements to evaluate early prototypes and pilot demos
• Determine potential product sales models (OEM, direct, service, licensing, etc.)
• Develop detailed techno-economic analysis to include bill of materials projections, product margins, volume pricing, financial models and market penetration plans based on sales projections and timing for each market
• Develop Go-to-Market strategy to include marketing materials, staffing requirements, budget requirements, customer capture, IP strategy, and 5-year product roadmap
• Establish customers/partners for technology adoption and commercial deals
This is a one-year, part-time contract position with 10-20% onsite work; however, full-time employment may also be considered.