Software Engineer – Big Data and Advanced Analytics
Description: We are looking for a software engineer to participate in agile development of sophisticated proof of concepts in a “challenge lab.” The individual will be responsible for architecting potential solutions for each challenge as well as participating in the development of proofs of concepts. The ability to work on small, fast moving teams is a key requirement.
- Develop proof of concepts that demonstrate data centric analytic services delivering structured and unstructured information.
- Architect potential approaches to proofs of concepts.
- Help identify and leverage a wide variety of commercial and open source technologies to support challenge activity.
- Integrate, via APIs, the following, but not limited to: web-services, custom wrappers, and third party applications.
- Draft technical document and present challenge solution architectures to partners
- Learn and apply new technologies as the challenge portfolio evolves.
- Work with a combination of internal and external subject matter experts, architects, and developers.
- Software development experience (including several of the following):
- Java for web applications
- MySQL or Oracle
- HTML, CSS, Ajax techniques experience is a plus
- Experience with Object Oriented design and programming is a plus
- NoSQL experience (Hadoop, Neo4j, MongoDB).
- Data analysis using R or MATLAB is a plus
- Must provide links to work/projects and relevant social media such as:
- 2-3 years of experience preferred.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.