Last Updated: April 1, 2021
Welcome to the website of In-Q-Tel, Inc. and its affiliates (including but not limited to IQTI LLC, IQTE LLC, IQT Labs LLC, etc.) (together, “IQT,” “we,” “us,” or “our”).
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal Data You Provide Us Through The Site: We collect Personal Data that is entered on our Site or sent to us electronically, for example when you:
- Complete a web form to give Personal Data to us directly (such as on our “Contact Us” page) or contact us with inquiries or respond to one of our surveys. We collect your first and last name, company, email address, information requested in the particular form, and any other information you choose to include in the body of your email or message. If you contact us by phone, we will collect the phone number you use to call IQT.
Events: We may collect Personal Data from you when you attend one of our events, for instance at business conferences and trade shows. The data we collect includes information that you voluntarily give to us, such as your business card or contact details. We will use this information to develop a business relationship and in a manner consistent with the purpose you gave the information for. Where required by applicable law (for example, if you are an individual in the EU), we will ask your consent before sending you marketing information by email. When you provide us with your consent to be contacted for marketing purposes, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by following the instructions to “opt-out” of receiving marketing communication in each marketing email we send you or by contacting us as indicated below.
Personal Data That You Provide To Us In Order For Us To Procure Goods/Services From You: If you are a supplier or service provider (or the employee or representative of our supplier or service provider), we and our International Affiliates collect Personal Data that is relevant to procuring goods and/or services and making payments. The data we collect includes your name and contact details, title, financial information (e.g. bank account details). We may also collect further Personal Data about you in connection with conducting reference and background checks where required or permitted by applicable local law (your consent to the collection of such additional data will be solicited at such time, if required by the applicable laws). We may also need to collect copies of relevant identification documents from you (such as your passport or driver’s license, or proof of address).
Information We Receive From Your Use of the Site: When you visit, use and interact with the Site, we may receive certain information about your visit, use or interactions. For example, we may monitor the number of people that visit our Site, peak hours of visits, which page(s) are visited on our Site, the domains our visitors come from (e.g., google.com, yahoo.com, etc.), and which browsers people use to access and visit our Site (e.g., Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, etc.), broad geographical information, and Site-navigation pattern. In particular, the following information is created and automatically logged in our systems:
- Log data: Information (“log data”) that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit the Site. Log data includes your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (so we understand which country you are connecting from when you visit the Site), browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, and how you interacted with the Site.
- Device information: Includes name of the device, operating system, and browser you are using. Information collected may depend on the type of device you use and its settings.
- Usage information: We collect information about how you use our Site, such as the types of content that you view or engage with, the features you use, the actions you take, and the time, frequency and duration of your activities.
2. HOW WE USE INFORMATION
We use Personal Data you provide us through our Site, with your consent for certain information as provided below, and as necessary for certain legitimate business interests, described below:
- To respond to your inquiries, comments, feedback or questions;
- To process your submissions of business plans;
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the Site, and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies;
- To keep you informed of activities of possible interest (we will seek your consent before sending you this information, if required by the law);
- To prevent fraud, criminal activity, or misuses of our Site, block prohibited reseller traffic, and to ensure the security of our IT systems, architecture and networks; and
- To comply with legal obligations and legal process and to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or other third parties.
We use Personal Data we collect through our participation at trade shows, meetings or other events to follow-up with you regarding an event or meeting, or send you information that you have requested on our products and services. Use of your data for such purpose is necessary for our legitimate interest in developing a relationship with you. With your permission, we will include your contact details in our marketing database.
If you are a supplier or service provider (or the employee or representative of our supplier or service provider), or if we engage in discussions about potential strategic investment opportunities, we and our International Affiliates use Personal Data collected from or about you as necessary to perform a contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you. We will also use this information to pursue our legitimate interests in complying with legal obligations and legal process and protecting our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or other third parties.
For information about what we mean by legitimate interests and the rights of individuals in the European Union (“EU”), please see the EU Users section below.
For information about the rights of individuals in the Australia, please see the Australia Users section below.
Marketing. We may contact you to tell you about services or products we believe will be of interest to you. If we do, where required by law, for example if you are an individual in the EU, we will only send you marketing information if you consent to us doing so at the time you provide us with your Personal Data. You may opt out of receiving such emails by following the instructions contained in each promotional email we send you or by updating your user settings. In addition, if at any time you do not wish to receive future marketing communications, please contact us at privacy@IQT.org.
3. SHARING AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
In certain circumstances we may share your Personal Data with third parties without further notice to you, unless required by the law, as set forth below:
- Vendors and Service Providers: To assist us in meeting business operations needs and to perform certain services and functions: providers of hosting, cloud services and other information technology services providers; event management and email communication software providers; web analytics services (for more details on the third parties that place cookies through the Site, please see the “Cookies” section below). Pursuant to our instructions, these parties will access, process or store Personal Data in the course of performing their duties to us.
- Government customers: We may share your Personal Data with our Government customers in connection with IQT’s funding of national security products and services for potential use by our Government customers. Our customers process Personal Data subject to their privacy policies and practices, which we do not control.
- Business Transfers: If the event of a transaction or proposed transaction, including a merger, acquisition, financing, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of all or a portion of our assets, transition of service to another provider, and due diligence in connection with any of the foregoing, your Personal Data and other information may be transferred to a successor or affiliate as part of that transaction or diligence along with other assets.
- Legal Requirements: If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, (ii) protect and defend our rights or property, (iii) prevent fraud, (iv) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Site, or the public, or (v) protect against legal liability.
4. DATA RETENTION
If you have elected to receive marketing communications from us, we retain information about your marketing preferences until you opt out of receiving these communications and in accordance with our policies.
To determine the appropriate retention period for your Personal Data, we will consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Data, the purposes for which we use your Personal Data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. In some circumstances we may anonymize your Personal Data so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case it is no longer Personal Data.
5. UPDATE YOUR INFORMATION
If you need to change or correct your Personal Data, or wish to have it deleted from our systems, you may contact us at privacy@IQT.org. We will address your request as required by applicable law.
6. CALIFORNIA PRIVACY DISCLOSURES
IQT does not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 13. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided Personal Data to IQT through the Site please contact us at privacy@IQT.org and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
8. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
9. EU USERS
Scope. This section applies if you are an individual in the EU (for these purposes, reference to the EU also includes the European Economic Area countries of Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway and, to the extent applicable, Switzerland).
Data Controller. In-Q-Tel, Inc. is the data controller for the processing of your Personal Data collected via the Site. IQT Labs and other IQT affiliates may also act as data controllers for the processing of Personal Data collected from or about you in connection with potential strategic investment opportunities and to develop a business relationship with your or your company or achieve other legitimate business purposes; in such case, the IQT affiliate acting as a data controller for your Personal Data will be the entity you interact with. To find out IQT’s contact details, please see the “Contact Us” section below, which also provides the contact details of our representative in the EU for purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation.
Your Rights. Subject to applicable EU law, you have the following rights in relation to your Personal Data:
- Right of access: If you ask us, we will confirm whether we are processing your Personal Data and, if so, provide you with a copy of that Personal Data along with certain other details. If you require additional copies, we may need to charge a reasonable fee.
- Right to rectification: If your Personal Data is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to ask that we correct or complete it. If we shared your Personal Data with others, we will tell them about the correction where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Data so you can contact them directly.
- Right to erasure: You may ask us to delete or remove your Personal Data, such as where you withdraw your consent. If we shared your data with others, we will tell them about the erasure where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Data with so you can contact them directly.
- Right to restrict processing: You may ask us to restrict or ‘block’ the processing of your Personal Data in certain circumstances, such as where you contest the accuracy of the data or object to us processing it (please read below for information on your right to object). We will tell you before we lift any restriction on processing. If we shared your Personal Data with others, we will tell them about the restriction where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Data so you can contact them directly.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to obtain your Personal Data from us that you consented to give us or that was provided to us as necessary in connection with our contract with you, and that is processed by automated means. We will give you your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You may reuse it elsewhere.
- Right to object: You may ask us at any time to stop processing your Personal Data, and we will do so:
- If we are relying on a legitimate interest to process your Personal Data — unless we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing or your data is needed to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims;
- If we are processing your Personal Data for direct marketing. We may keep minimum information about you in a suppression list in order to ensure your choices are respected in the future and to comply with data protection laws (such processing is necessary for our and your legitimate interest in pursuing the purposes described above);
- Right to withdraw consent: If we rely on your consent to process your Personal Data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Withdrawal of consent will not affect any processing of your data before we received notice that you wished to withdraw consent.
- Right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority: If you have a concern about our privacy practices, including the way we handled your Personal Data, you can report it to the data protection authority that is authorized to hear those concerns (in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), who can be contacted at //ico.org.uk/concerns).
Please see the “Contact Us” section below for information on how to exercise your rights.
10. AUSTRALIAN USERS
Scope. This section applies if you are an individual in Australia.
Access to and correction of your personal information: You may access or request correction of the personal information that we hold about you by contacting us. Our contact details are set out below. There are some circumstances in which we are not required to give you access to your personal information. There is no charge for requesting access to your personal information but we may require you to meet our reasonable costs in providing you with access (such as photocopying costs or costs for time spent on collating large amounts of material). We will respond to your requests to access or correct personal information in a reasonable time.
Complaints: If you have a complaint about the way in which we have handled any privacy issue, including your request for access or correction of your personal information, you should contact us. Our contact details are set out below. We will consider your complaint and determine whether it requires further investigation. We will notify you of the outcome of this investigation and any subsequent internal investigation. If you remain unsatisfied with the way in which we have handled a privacy issue, you may approach an independent advisor or contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (www.oaic.gov.au) for guidance on alternative courses of action which may be available.
Data Transfers: We may disclose your personal information to other organizations which are not Australian entities and are not regulated by the Privacy Act 1988 and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) and you may be unable to seek any remedies or enforce any rights under the Privacy Act against those recipients. By providing your personal data to us you consent to the disclosure of your personal information to those organizations as recipients located outside of Australia, and agree that (i) APP 8.1 will not apply to that disclosure and (ii) that we are not responsible or liable for the acts or practices of those recipients.
Type of Cookies Used. The Site uses “analytics” cookies that allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the Site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Site works, for example by making sure users are finding what they need easily. In particular, the Site uses the following technologies:
- Google Analytics. The information generated by the Google Analytics about your use of the Site (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google, Inc. in the United States (pursuant to Google’s Privacy Shield certification). You can prevent your data from being collected by Google Analytics on our Site by downloading and installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on for your current web browser. For more information on Google Analytics privacy practices, read here and, for information on Google Analytics cookies expiration, read here.
Your Choices. To withdraw your consent after accepting cookies, change the configuration of your browser to not accept cookies and delete any existing cookies. For more information on cookies and deletion of cookies, please visit: www.allaboutcookies.org.
Please note that if you limit the ability of websites to set cookies, you may be unable to access certain parts of the Site and you may not be able to benefit from the full functionality of the Site.
You use the Site at your own risk. We comply with industry standards to protect Personal Data both online and offline from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. However, no Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via the Site or e-mail. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Data to IQT via the internet. We cannot control the actions of other users with whom you may choose to share information. Therefore, we cannot, and do not, guarantee that information or content submitted by users on or through the Site or otherwise sent to us will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site or third party websites.
14. CONTACT US
If you are an individual in Australia, you can also contact IQT AUSTRALIA LTD on matters related to the handling of personal data of individuals who are located in Australia. To make such an inquiry, please contact IQT AUSTRALIA LTD at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are an individual in the EU, you can also contact IQT International UK LTD, who has been appointed as IQT’s representative in the EU pursuant to Article 27 of the General Data Protection Regulation on matters related to the processing of Personal Data that take place in the EU. To make such an inquiry, please contact IQT International UK LTD at email@example.com.