Submit a Business Plan
Do you have a product or technology that can contribute to national security? We want to hear from you.
In-Q-Tel searches the globe for commercially focused technologies that have the potential to contribute to national security. The product or tech should be “near ready” or ready now. We’re not looking for prototypes.
The needs of our government partners span multiple and varied tech areas, which means we invest in just about everything… AI, IT & Infrastructure, Power & Energy, Unmanned Systems, Communications, and more.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Will In-Q-Tel sign an NDA for my submission? +/-
- No. The organization does not sign non-disclosure or confidentiality agreements in connection with submissions.
- Should I submit confidential information? +/-
- Can I schedule a meeting or demonstration with In-Q-Tel before submitting? +/-
- Unfortunately no. Please take the time to tailor your proposal for the needs of our government partners, thinking through how your product could apply and contribute to national security, and submit it for consideration. If we determine that your technology holds potential, we may request a meeting with your company. To save your time and ours, we take meetings only when our initial assessment reveals a likely match for the interests of In-Q-Tel and our government customers.
- Do you invest in companies outside of the U.S.? +/-
- Yes, we are a prolific, global investor with investments in startups based in the U.K., Europe, and Australia.
- Will In-Q-Tel confirm receipt and review of my proposal? +/-
- If In-Q-Tel finds that your technology meets our criteria and aligns with the interests of our government, then you would hear from us by email or telephone. Please ensure your contact information is accurate on your submission.
- Can In-Q-Tel introduce my company to its government partners? +/-
- Should we invest in your company, yes. But if we aren’t a partner with the company we do not make introductions.
We are a small organization with a highly targeted mission and we must focus our efforts and our relationships on those companies that offer the fit with national security priorities.